Ok, so it’s getting closer to Christmas, and I’m sure I’m not alone in having a twinge of panic as we roll into December. There’s a lot of overwhelm, in varying degrees, around this time in every household, and is it any wonder, with the demands of the season? There’s shopping, cooking, hosting, relatives, friends, presents, cards, cleaning, and to top it all off the kids are off school and everyone seems to be at your house. To help me combat these feelings I’ve come up with some really simple ways to de-stress, and the best part is you don’t have to leave your house to do them.
- Epsom salts are full of magnesium, which helps relax and revitalize muscles. Use them in the bath and feel the magic working as your skin absorbs it.
2. Spend some time alone. Having ‘me time’ is paramount for you to unwind and recharge.
3. Breathing exercises are great and you can do them anywhere. There are several apps that can help with this, but my favourite is Breathe+
4. Meditation is way to get really grounded and focused, I use an app called Headspace, and it does wonders.
5. De-digitize. Avoid ‘digital-eye-strain’, an actual condition, by taking breaks from screens.
6. A creative hobby is a fun way to relax. I love Sequin Art, but you can try adult colouring books, paint by number kits, etc.
7. Yoga is a combination of de-stressing and fitness. You can find free instruction on YouTube.
8. De-clutter your space to help you relax. Cluttered surroundings often lead to a state of agitation.
9. Reading helps me escape into another reality for a while,. It’s also great for helping you drift off if you’re reading before bed.
10. Dancing is a great way to de-stress, so crank up your stereo and dance around the house.
11. Drink water. Dehydration means your body isn’t functioning well and that leads to stress.
12. Orgasms are wonderful stress relievers, get as many as you can, as often as you can.
Please share and read more of my work at www.magicalrealites.co.uk