Florida’s Clearwater Beach crowned America’s best beach for the second consecutive year.
Over 12 months the quantity and quality of reviews and bubble ratings left from people visiting each destination were used to compile worldwide, continental and specific country lists.
352 beaches received TripAdvisor awards.
In America’s list, 40% of beaches are in Florida and almost 30% in Hawaii.
Also proud to have St. Pete Beach at Number four, Leroy Bridges, vice president of digital & communications for Visit St. Pete/Clearwater said: “Clearwater Beach continues to be one of the best beaches in the world and it’s special to have the millions who make up the TripAdvisor community reaffirm that it truly is the No. 1 beach in America for the second-straight year.”
America’s top 25:
1. Clearwater Beach, Florida
2. Ka’anapali Beach, Hawaii for whales, sunsets and beach walk with a relaxing vibe.
3. Panama City Beach, Florida for watersports.
4. Saint Pete Beach, Florida offers a laid-back vibe.
5. Pensacola Beach, Florida is home of the Blue Angels Navy Flight squadron and a fishing pier.
6. Siesta Beach, Florida
7. Hapuna Beach State Recreation Area, Hawaii for a volcanic walk.
8. St. Augustine Beach, Florida is dog friendly.
9. Fort Lauderdale Beach, Florida
10. Driftwood Beach, Georgia said to be a wonder of nature.
11. Cherry Grove Beach, South Carolina to find shark teeth.
12. Navarre Beach is home to Florida’s longest pier.
13. Poipu Beach Park, Hawaii for snorkelling.
14. South Beach, Florida boasts art deco and stunning restored buildings. The Villa Casa Casuarina restaurant is the former home of Gianni Versace.
15. Hollywood Beach, Florida
16. Coronado Beach, California
17. Wailea Beach, Hawaii for soft sand, cliffs and mountains.
18. Ogunquit Beach, Maine.
19. Newport Beach, California
20. Waikiki Beach, Hawaii.
21. Coligny Beach, South Carolina
22. Manini’owali Beach, Hawaii to find lava rock.
23. Napili Beach, Hawaii for whales.
24. Race Point Beach, Massachusetts for seals and dunes.
25. Sandbridge Beach, Virginia
It was Brazil’s Baia do Sancho to be rated best in the world.