You have launched your blog, you have created outstanding content, you are all proud and excited and you can’t wait for the world to see your masterpiece, only to realize you have 10 visitors a day, if you’re lucky.
Great content is king, of course, but it takes time for people to find out about your brand-new blog and become loyal followers.
But, don’t despair: you can definitely speed up the process by making your blog look more professional and, most importantly, easy to find and share.
Here are a few tips:
- Keep your branding consistent on your blog and across all other platforms and social media accounts.
- Get your own domain, and unless you can’t really do otherwise, get a domain with the .com suffix.
- Optimize your content for search engines to drive organic traffic to your blog.
- Sign up for Google Search Console, and fetch the information about your website and your sitemap so that Google will start indexing your pages and showing them in search results.
- Increase the speed of your website by compressing all images, limiting the number of your plugins and placing them below the fold.
- Ensure your blog is optimized for mobile devices.
- Use catchy headlines.
- Share your posts on several social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, StumbleUpon, Bloglovin’, Reddit) and especially on Pinterest.
- Add share buttons to all your posts to make it easy for others to share your content on social media or other platforms.
- Include vertical (recommended size 735×1200) and eye-catching pinnable pictures and a Pin-it button in all your posts.
- Join Facebook Groups for bloggers. Establish connections and participate to promo threads.
- Join Pinterest Group Boards and Tailwind Tribes.
- Submit some of your content to other websites as guest posts or allow others to guest blog on your own site.
By following these easy steps, I was able to achieve an average of 1.5/2 K page views a day within the first three months of blogging. You can read about it here where I go in more detail about each step. You can also find more actionable tips and strategic advice on how to grow your blog here.