College Football hits 1-month benchmark, what we know as of now.
Just over one month ago, the Seminoles and Crimson Tide faced off in Atlanta to open the season; and before that game even ended, we knew what kind of year FSU would have. QB Deondre Francois tore his patella tendon in his left knee, ending his, and most likely FSU’s, season. The once projected College Football Playoff team faced an uphill battle.
As for other teams, predicting their season after week 1 was not as easy.
Here are 10 things we have learned so far from the first month of College Football:
- Penn State RB Saquon Barkley is destined for the Heisman.
- 960 total yards, 7 total touchdowns.
- Threw a 16-yard touchdown vs. Indiana.
- Ran back opening kickoff vs. Indiana for 98-yard return touchdown.
2. Alabama is still Alabama.
- Beat #3 FSU 24-7, Vandy 59-0, and Ole Miss 66-3.
- Number 1 defense in the country, only allowing 8.6 ppg.
3. Four Florida teams are ranked higher than Florida State.
- #13 Miami, #18 USF, #21 Florida, #25 UCF.
4. Jake Fromm is the answer in Georgia.
- Took over for Jacob Eason (knee).
- Beat #24 Notre Dame 20-19, #17 Mississippi State 31-3, & Tennessee 41-0.
5. Clemson is just fine without DeShaun Watson.
- The Tigers have beaten three Top 25 teams, more than any FBS program.
- Clemson took down #13 Auburn 14-6, #14 Louisville 47-21, & #12 Virginia Tech 31-17.
6. Pac 12 could be left out of College Football Playoff.
- Top 4 are Alabama (SEC), Clemson (ACC), Oklahoma (Big 12), and Penn State (Big 10).
- Washington (Pac 12) is ranked #5.
7. Tennessee’s Butch Jones is on the hot seat.
- (3-2) overall, (0-2) in SEC with a 26-20 loss to Florida, and a 41-0 loss to Georgia.
8. TCU is dark horse to win Big 12.
- Beat #6 OKST 44-31, faces #3 Oklahoma on 11/11 (make a wish).
9. Number 1 pick in NFL Draft is a two-man race.
- UCLA’s Josh Rosen: 64.9%, 2135 yards, 17 TD, 5 INT.
- USC’s Sam Darnold: 64.6%, 1389 yards, 9 TD, 8 INT.
10. This is a definite: the College Football landscape will continue to change drastically.